- 16 - 17 May 2014
- Friday: 9am – 4pm + Saturday: 10am – 4pm
- FREE ENTRY
We'd personally like to thank our major exhibitors which included;
Please contact us or phone 1300 667 121 for more information and our release of our early bird rates on the Adelaide Careers & Employment Expo in 2014, our Brisbane event or the Skills West Expo (Perth) still to go in 2013.
We would like to thank all our exhibitors and visitors who participated in this years Adelaide Careers & Employment Expo.
The event was another very successful careers, training and employment expo for Adelaide where people of all ages had the opportunity to explore career pathways and current employment opportunities from some of the states leading organisations.
We are pleased to announce our dates for 2014 are already set and will be on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th May 2014 and we look forward to seeing you there.
This years event welcomed visitors of all ages who received free careers advice, discussed study options with leading education providers and sourced information on industries of interest and they spoke directly with major employers such as SA Police, Bechtel - The Wheatstone project, SA Government, SA Health, Defence Force Recruiting, Australian Aerospace, Master Builders, Real Estate Institute, Master Electricians, BAE Systems, Woolworths, Mortgage and Finance Association, Transfield Services, Southern Cross Care and many more... .
The SA Government's - Skills For All program continued to be very popular in providing all South Australian's the opportunity to be skilled and seek the best careers, education and training and employment choices the state has to offer.
Skills For All Ambassadors, Luke and Jason from the Adelaide 36ers made some scheduled appearances on Friday and Saturday where visitors tested their court skills.
One of the feature arenas of the expo was the DFEEST - WorldSkills, Try'a Skills section which offered over 500 sqm of interactive area where visitors tried their hands and experienced activities such as tiling, floristry, motor mechanics, veterinary science, aircraft engineering and much more.
The education and training sectors were well covered with over 1000 sqm of both vocational and tertiary organisations well represented with TAFE SA, Flinders University and Group Training SA leading the sections.
SA Health, another popular area ran their dedicated section discussing careers and recruiting within the SA Ambulance Service, Nursing and Midwifery, SA Dental, Allied and Scientific Health plus SA Health Career Advisors were on hand to talk about the full range of career-paths within the Health and Community sectors.
FRESH FM ran their outside-broadcast all day, every day. Interviewing exhibitors and key stakeholders in the development of the South Australian workforce, they provided audiences with insights and activities on what's available across the state along with great music.
Army Officers from the Royal Military College Duntroon were on site to give you hands-on experience in a working Command Post - looking after planning, coordination and movement of Army assets, personnel, hardware and equipment. Visitors were able to test their decision making skills and see if they had what it takes to be a leader.
2013 exhibitors highlights also included....
- IIFP offered fee free pre-vocational courses in Bakery, Butchery, Meat Cookery, Food Safety and Cafe/Baristers.
- Tabor Adelaide, a small community exceptional Higher Education provider provided a range of courses to become Teachers, Youth Workers, Counsellors, Chaplains, Theologians, Community Services, Writers and much more.
- Ecole hoteliere de Lausanne - are an elite member of the world's oldest hotel school with a global reaching alumni and were offering internships anywhere in the world where the career opportunities provided are exceptional.
- DOME provided employment and training services to the mature age with their access to over 2000 employers in the Adelaide region. A fantastic friendly service for people over the age of 40.
- REISA were offering entry courses to sales and property management in Real Estate.
- Parlour Academy provided an opportunity to train with leading Hairdressing specialists within their award-winning boutique environment.
- The team at EQUIPD Magazine where on hand where you could obtain their market leading careers and information magazines and students really enjoyed their Photo booth.
- The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiation Oncology were providing information on careers in radiation oncology and professions that work within radiation oncology.
- YMCA were promoting career opportunities within the Aquatics industry and SA Aquatic and Leisure centre.
- Training Prospects delivered a wealth of flexible training and apprenticeship solutions across, Business, Plumbing, Engineering, Furnishing, Electrical, Construction trades plus offered a series of short programs to improve skills and regulatory requirements.
- The Group Training Alley covered everything from Aged Care to Electrical, Auto Mechanics to Administration, Hospitality to Engineering and much more.
- Minda were providing accredited training and attractive employment conditions within the disability/community services sector.
- The Auto Skills MAAP my Future stand was promoting and providing careers, training and employment information within the automotive sector plus they gave you a guide through the 24 automotive apprenticeship pathways for a long term career in the industry.
- St Patricks Technical College offered unique and specialist trades and technical programs and provided school based apprenticeships for senior students
- The Jewellers Association and Gemmological Association of Australia was very popular and shared all the career opportunities available within the industry and visitors really enjoyed making jewellery and working with gold, diamonds, pearls and other precious gems...
- Sureway Employment & Training provided eligible people with disability study options and support and they offered a chance to win $500 worth of career and vocational counselling and study scholarships.
*Government of South Australia
*Auto Skills - MAAP my Future
*Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology
*Group Training SA
*Defence Force Recruiting
*South Australian Police
Pictures and video of the 2013 event will soon be released.